Senior Construction Engineer
Greater Miami-Ft. Lauderdale Area
We are looking for a Senior Construction Engineer to work on major infrastructure construction projects located the Greater Miami-Ft. Lauderdale Area. This position will be on-site and requires a high level of engineering inspection experience with minimal direction from the resident engineer. This position may manage one or more office engineers and requires an individual that is a “problem-solver” and consensus-builder with the ability to collaborate with others to achieve quick and effective resolutions to construction challenges. The hired candidate will assist with all necessary activities to start, continue, and close out the construction project.
- Apply standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out tasks as part of a broader assignment.
- Inspect various aspects of surface transportation, aviation, ports + marine, rail, and transit projects in subtask areas such as earthwork, utilities, drainage, asphalt, and reinforced concrete pavement; railroad, pedestrian, and roadway bridges, miscellaneous structures, sheet pile, pipe pile, lighting, signing, and marking, and transit-related structures.
- Inspect incorporated materials.
- Ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and regulations.
- Assist in setup and maintenance of master project files.
- Assist in resolution of design/coordination issues.
- Monitor contractor’s work progress and schedule.
- Attend various meetings, facilitate various meetings, and prepare meeting minutes.
- Interpret contract specifications and special provisions.
- Measure and document work performed by contractor.
- Assist in project close-out, as-builts, and punch list.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Florida, or, ability to obtain registration endorsement in the State of Florida within six months of Project NTP if registered in another state.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management from an accredited institution.
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering may be substituted for one (1) year engineering experience.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in the inspection and construction of various surface transportation, aviation, ports, marine, rail, or bus-transit projects for the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), Miami-Dade County, Palm Beach County, and/or Broward County. This experience may include off-system Local Agency Program (LAP) projects in Florida.
- Two (2) of those years involved in relevant surface transportation projects, or
- Five (5) years of Complex Category 2 (CC2) and PTS bridge structures, or
- Any combination of other major infrastructure experience including, civil works, aviation, ports, marine, rail, and transit projects.
- Other full-time experience (such as Water Management District, USACE, FEMA, or other Federal or State agency) will be considered.
- Must have any combination of Construction Training & Qualification Program (CTQPs) certificates including FDTO Advanced MOT, CTQP Quality Control Manager.
- Familiarity with the FDOT Construction Project Administration Manual processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of FDOT Local Programs Manual requirements is a plus.
- OSHA 30-hour safety course required or ability to obtain within 3 months.
- Must have computer skills, including the latest versions of office productivity and project management software, in daily activities.
- Knowledge of FDOT Construction Software or Procore or similar.
- Experience interfacing collaboratively with contractors, as well as assisting in dispute resolution.
- Candidates must be able to manage TYLin and sub-consultant staff assigned to the projects.
- Client-focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients’ toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
We work for YOU – providing customized solutions built within your budget to match your unique business needs
We go beyond identifying talent – we handle the search, candidate curation, onboarding, and payroll.
REFER A FRIEND FOR THIS JOB
Do you know a really great person to recommend to work with us?
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Media and Telecom
Corporate Ethics Hotline
Anti Racism Statement
Compliance Program Policies
ABOUT PVNEARSHORE RECRUITMENT
We are recognized as the leading recruiting firm for headhunting and staffing. We share an unrivaled passion to help your business succeed by understanding your goals, then sourcing and providing you with your number one asset-driven, dedicated and exceptional people!
Experience recruitment differences and give your business a competitive advantage by contacting us today. Whether you are exploring an offshore solution or an established firm, our team has the experience and a tailored recruiting solution to introduce you to the top talent.