City: New Brunswick, NJ
Staff & Executive – Administrative & Support
IPO-Planning Dev & Design
We are seeking a Project Manager for Institutional Planning and Operations (IP&O). Under the guidance and direction of the Assistant Director of Design in the Office of Architecture and Design, this professional is responsible for effectively managing all sizes and various types of planning and design projects, grant applications, and feasibility studies.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Have statewide responsibilities and therefore addresses a wide variety of academic, administrative, research, healthcare, and infrastructure spaces.
- Engage and manage both internal resources and external consultants to undertake projects.
- Coordinate and manage efforts of staff and/or external architects and engineers for successful completion of grant applications, feasibility studies, and vision documents.
- Coordinate and manages effort of staff and/or external architects and engineers for planning and design efforts of all types and sizes of capital (over $5 million project cost) and non-capital (below $5 million) projects.
- Interact with other departments of the Division of Institutional Planning and Operations and support service departments of the institution as required to successfully complete projects.
- Applies signature and NJ Registered Architect seal to design and construction documents when required.
- Full Time
- This position may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement during a certain period of time.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in architecture from a college or university having an architecture curriculum accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board.
- A minimum of five (5) years post-licensure experience in the field of architecture, with demonstration of knowledge of design and construction principles.
- Current registration or licensure as a Registered Architect in the United States; upon hire the employee will have a six month period of time to obtain a New Jersey Architect’s license via the New Jersey’s Licensure by Credentials process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Current licensure as a New Jersey Registered Architect is preferred.
- Experience working with facilities associated with higher education is preferred.
- Experience working on facilities for healthcare, laboratory and scientific research is preferred.
- Proficiency in standard office equipment and Microsoft Office platform required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat Pro required. Proficiency in Computer Aided Design (CAD) software required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Many duties will be undertaken in a standard office environment.
- Some duties will require travel among campuses and to off-site locations, and site tours at active construction sites will occur.
- Clean Driving Record
We work for YOU – providing customized solutions built within your budget to match your unique business needs
We go beyond identifying talent – we handle the search, candidate curation, onboarding, and payroll.
REFER A FRIEND FOR THIS JOB
Do you know a really great person to recommend to work with us?
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Media and Telecom
Corporate Ethics Hotline
Anti Racism Statement
Compliance Program Policies
ABOUT PVNEARSHORE RECRUITMENT
We are recognized as the leading recruiting firm for headhunting and staffing. We share an unrivaled passion to help your business succeed by understanding your goals, then sourcing and providing you with your number one asset-driven, dedicated and exceptional people!
Experience recruitment differences and give your business a competitive advantage by contacting us today. Whether you are exploring an offshore solution or an established firm, our team has the experience and a tailored recruiting solution to introduce you to the top talent.